August 02, 2021
July 02, 2015
The year is 1939, the weather is perfect, the waves are perfect, and there’s some guy standing on his longboard before paddling into his wave.. what!?
For the past 10 years, the growth of Stand Up Paddleboarding has been exponential. It means that ‘surfing’ is no longer contained to the coast and no longer has the entry barrier of ability to perform a quick arm paddle and athletic pop to get going. Paddleboarding now allows for watermen and everywhere to use any body of water as their own personal SUP playground.
The problem with Paddleboarding is the board. They’re enormous. They’re outrageously large, unwieldy and often heavy. The combination of length, width, and weight make them harder to maneuver than grandma’s old sofa. This makes them great on the water but what do you do with a 12’+ long, 25+ lb. board that on average costs well over $1500? You do NOT just throw it on the garage floor. These monster boards look tough but over time, enough dried salt water, sand and careless dings will quickly render your paddleboard a display piece.
Just like anything of quality that you own, you take care of it. Just like a car, if you treat it right, it will last you a lifetime. Luckily with a paddleboard it can be easy if done correctly. If you’re coming late to this party, we’re about to talk about paddleboard racks. There are a few out there, and even a few good options, but today we’re going to tell you about our own and why it’s really your only option.
The O’ahu Series by Grassracks. There are a few obvious and some not-so-obvious reasons that this Series should be trusted with the valued members of your quiver.
- Aesthetically, our board racks look awesome. Their edges are soft, their lines are smooth, and each rack is angled to angle boards to maximum display with maximum space efficiency. We designed our products with function in mind with a keen eye on style. When it comes to paddleboards, they do not deserve the foam, metal, and plastic that are overly abundant with racks that flood the market today, they warrant something as high quality and good looking as the board itself.
- Our racks are not simply sketched on a napkin and produced once we think they look cool, they are designed by a team of two: a designer and a mechanical engineer with 10+ years of experience with stress and strain analysis.
- The O’ahu Series and all of our racks have been carefully measured, spaced, and tested to fit the boards intended for each Series. In the case of the O’ahu, longboard surfboards, paddleboards, and wakeboards.
- Bamboo is strong. Layered bamboo is stronger. 3 ply cross-grained bamboo plywood is absurdly strong. In fact, our bamboo plywood has a higher tensile strength (strength per pound) than steel.
- Bamboo is gorgeous. There’s a reason that bamboo is one of the fastest growing home decor materials in the world, it’s beautiful. Next time you see something made out of bamboo take notice of its grain. You’ll see long fibers running up and down length of the material with unique designs at each intra-node point. At the cross sections of each cut, you’ll be able to see the end of a cluster of the bamboo fibers which will almost look like little empty plus signs. Try to count how many there are, they’re the key to bamboo’s strength.
- We designed a new and proprietary mounting system just for our brand. Installing our Mounting Bar takes about a minute and the rest is cake. Each of our racks simply hooks right onto the mounting bar and can be taken as easily. This allows you to adjust arm width in seconds and also interchange our products without re-installing them.
- The weight from your boards is not just borne by the mounting bar, it is dispersed down the entire length of the wall.
- Each added board acts as a cross support, stabilizing both cradles and securing your boards.
All of our products are sealed and protected with a finish to prolong their life and make the grain pop. When it comes to storing your paddleboard, longboard, or wakeboard, there are a few options out there but only one deserving of your quiver. Not only does the O’ahu Series allow you to display your gorgeous boards, it will also give you the protection and space efficiency that will help you sleep at night. It’s not just a paddleboard rack, it’s a way to show the world what you do and a way to keep your favorite memories alive.
Where are your boards right now? What do you do for storage? Tell us and you could win an O'ahu of your own.
May 05, 2015
For watermen everywhere, chafing is a problem and, no, we’re not talking about armpits and nipples. As men, we very often follow the ‘shoot first, ask questions later’ mantra which can get us in a lot of trouble.. In the case of water sports this is applied to us getting so excited to Surf/Paddleboard/Wake/etc. that we don’t take a second to think about important things like sunscreen or chafing.
Most water sports require a lot of leg movement which dictates that other things will move as well. For repetitive motions against often unforgiving materials, there exists a very irritating problem for important soft-skin appendages found ‘downstairs’. Soft, sensitive, uncalloused skin on hallowed parts rubbing on materials not meant for such delicate things.
As is often true in life, we men have be saved by the careful consideration of thoughtful ladies. The concerned ladies at TURQ Sport have taken it upon themselves to put an end to irritating and embarrassing man part chafing by creating a Swim brief that keeps us in place with a soft gentle fabric. Their briefs cut down on movement while employing an incredibly soft quick-dry material thus ending our post watersport chafe.
Personally, I was apprehensive because I thought it would be uncomfortable wearing another layer whilst shredding gnar waves but I quickly realized that the my TURQs are absurdly comfortable. If it was deemed acceptable by society, I’d only wear them with no board shorts at all.
Take a second and check them out. We promise you won't be disappointed. TURQ Swimbrief
Guys, we can’t be the only ones. Have you run into this problem? Wouldn’t you love to sport the Marky Mark Calvin Klein look with a comfortable pair of camo undies and protect your valuables?
February 23, 2015
In an age where humility and privacy is all but gone it’s difficult to stay out of the critical scrutiny of the public eye. Going shopping, taking a jog, and even going for a leisurely paddle in the lake could yield an absurd amount of unwanted attention, but no more.
Luckily for paddlers that crave a serene trip around the lake without all of the celebrity attention: Bote Boards has the answer.
It’s called The Bote HD [RealTree ®] and it is awesome. I stumbled upon this beauty whilst searching for an outfit for an upcoming Camo Ball (recently made fashionable by the wiley men of Duck Dynasty) and my prayers were answered.
The Bote HD [RealTree ®] now gives paddlers a way to blend into their surroundings, remaining almost completely unseen while on the water so take a quick look and welcome back your privacy.
Name: 12’ Bote HD [RealTree ® ]