Skateboard Rack 101 - Find what skateboard wall mount is right for you..
When it comes to skateboard storage racks, skaters can be left scratching their head. Once we pick out the perfect boards and get them mounted with the right trucks and wheels, the paved world becomes our playground. But what happens when we get home is not congruent with how we feel about our boards. Often they get relegated to a closet or leaned in a corner. While skaters are hearty, every knowledgeable rider knows that skateboard maintenance is important. That doesn’t just mean just maintaining the components but, perhaps more importantly, storing your board when you’re at home. While we’re on the topic of skateboard storage, we’re going to plant this seed right now and let it grow, your boards are your memories and art, a proper rack can act not only as a storage solution but as a skateboard display, turning your favorite gear into functional skateboard decor that fires up your best memories at a glance.
- Long and narrow with chunky bindings, the struggle is real when it comes to skateboard organization. How to keep them from smashing together and dinging your edges can be a problem if not planned. Like a well oiled.. Filing Cabinet, a good rack can keep your gear in place with easy access to whichever wheeled weapon the conditions require for the day. While one board may not seem like a problem, we all know how quickly the chaos starts to build as we grow our quiver and add active family members to the mix.
- If you think your boards can only make you happy while in use, you are in for a treat once you get them up on some gorgeous wooden skateboard rack. Picking your perfect setup is a highly personalized process. We devote tons of time and money to picking everything from the right length, shape, and art to wheels and trucks that will match our riding style. Add stunning graphics and we have a piece of highly personalized gear designed just for you. Your brain knows that and your brain also attaches all of your favorite skate memories to the gear that lets you rip. We create gorgeous skateboard hangers that show off your favorite gear and act as a safe, stylish picture frame for your favorite gear..
- Now that we’ve reminded you that you love your gear, it’s time to protect it. While skateboards are used to taking a beating, it’s still important to keep them from unnecessary harmful falls and dings. Our products are designed to space and angle your gear so it has its own safe, protected spot. Our dense padding adds a nice soft pillow for your boards to rest until their next opportunity to shine. We also design our racks to give riders easy access to each piece of gear, even helmets, bags, and jackets.
Skateboard storage is not one-size-fits-all. Picking the right skateboard holder depends on a few things.
- The shape and size of your skateboards. Luckily, skateboards and longboards aren’t typically prohibitive in terms of size. That’s not to say that they can’t be an absolute menace if not organized. Picking the right spot depends on your home, where you have space, and what is a convenient location for a skateboard mount.
- Where there is space for a rack. It can be difficult to find a good spot for your skateboards. Entryways can be ideal, but often cluttered with benches, hooks, and so many shoes. Thus is the importance of good skateboard organization. A garage skateboard rack is great if you have space. This ensures that your gear doesn’t have to travel through the house. However, it can also expose your gear to harsher conditions than a nice indoor spot. An indoor skateboard display is our personal preference. While outdoor gear is obviously designed to be outdoor, it will last longer if kept in a nice, warm, dry area.. And our racks will appreciate that, too. The real trick is finding a spot that works with your home. Whether it’s outside or inside, where do you have space and what does the journey look like to get your gear to that spot?
- Amount of space in and around the storage area. Sometimes overlooked is the journey your boards will take to home resting place. While you might have the perfect space to store your skateboards, it may not be an option if it’s difficult to access. This is an important consideration but, fortunately, not always a major factor for many customers who are blessed with the gift of space.
- Type of home - Walls vs. Freestanding. The type of home and space you have for your gear is a big factor and can determine what rack is best for you. The shape of your walls can determine whether you choose between a horizontal skateboard wall rack or freestanding skateboard holder. The space you can allot in front, above, and below a skateboard rack may also determine what you choose.
What to know about Skateboard Racks. Advantages and Disadvantages of each.
Horizontal Skateboard Wall Mounts vs. Freestanding Skateboard Stands:
The age old question that often comes down to available space rather than personal preference. It ends up being pretty simple.
Horizontal Skateboard Storage
- Sometimes mounting your skateboard on a wall is your best option.. and horizontal is the way to go. horizontal skateboard racks are great because they use the natural width of a home’s walls. This can be advantageous if you want extra space for shoes, benches, etc. under your rack or want to take advantage of our utility hooks for other gear. This type of rack, if properly designed (like ours are), make for an easy grab-and-go home base for skateboards and longboards.
Freestanding Skateboard Rack
- If walls aren’t an option, your best option may be a free standing skateboard rack. Actually, it very well may be your best option anyway. Freestanding board racks allow you to save your walls from holes and also let you easily move racks, if needed.
Now that you’ve made it through Skateboard Rack 101, let us give you a few skateboard storage ideas for your home.
Moloka’i Series - Horizontal Skateboard Wall Mount
The Moloka’i Series is the world’s most premium horizontal skateboard display. Handcrafted from stylish, beautiful, strong bamboo, we designed, angled, and spaced our Moloka’i cradles for the best combination of board display, storage, and space efficiency. We kept the arms short and angled perfectly to avoid skateboards and gear sticking out too far into the room. The same angles and spacing that makes this series perfect for skateboards and longboards also make it perfect for similarly sized gear like snowboards, waterskis, Onewheels, hoverboards, and more! We’ve essentially made the perfect skateboard wall holder and we’re pretty excited about it.
Lana’i Series - Horizontal Skate Holder (but smaller)
Our Lana’i Series is a truly space efficient want to tell your skate story. This is just a simple, no frills, still great-looking single skate rack to show off your favorite board. Have more boards? Well, we make a ton of these things, so go nuts! This installs in minutes and has a severe angle to show off your board’s artwork, while keeping it easy-access for immediate need-to-skate occurrences.
Vertical Freestanding Skateboard Stand
This one is pretty self explanatory. Save your walls from holes and give yourself the option to move the rack wherever you want or need. This rack was originally intended for bigger boards like surfboards and snowboards but we quickly realized it’s perfect for just about anything (skis, skateboards, longboards, guitars, etc.). Not only does this assemble in minutes with no hardware, but it’s rock solid and absolutely gorgeous. In fact, our mission was to create the best-looking skateboard rack on the planet and, quite honestly, we knocked it out of the park. This is the best-looking, highest-quality, most eco-friendly rack you will find for any board.
There you have it. If you still don’t know which rack is for you or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out, we’re always happy to help. If you stumbled upon our Skateboard Rack page but are in search of something different like surfboard racks, paddleboard racks, kayak racks, wakeboard racks, snowboard racks, bike racks, or more, please peruse our site. We offer a full line to fit almost all outdoor gear!