Snowboard Rack 101 - Find what is right for you..
When it comes to ski and snowboard storage racks, riders can be left scratching their head. Once we pick out the perfect snowboards and get them mounted with just the right bindings, it’s off to the slopes. But what happens when we get home from lapping groomers or slashing powder in the backcountry is not congruent with how we feel about our snowboards. Often they get relegated to a closet or leaned in a corner. While snowboarders are hearty, every knowledgeable rider knows that snowboard maintenance is important. That doesn’t just mean the journey to the mountain with the right car snowboard rack but, perhaps more importantly, storing your board when you’re at home. While we’re on the topic of snowboard storage, we’re going to plant this seed right now and let it grow, your boards are your memories and a piece of winter art, a proper rack can act not only as a storage solution but as a snowboard display, turning your favorite winter sticks into functional snowboard decor that fires up your best winter memories at a glance.
- Long and narrow with chunky bindings, the struggle is real when it comes to organizing snowboards. How to keep them from smashing together and dinging your edges can be a problem if not planned. Like a well oiled.. Filing Cabinet, a good rack can keep your gear in place with easy access to whichever snow weapon the conditions require for the day. While one pair may not seem like a problem, we all know how quickly the chaos starts to build as we grow our quiver and add active family members to the mix.
Snowboard Display Rack
- If you think your boards can only make you happy on the mountain, you are in for a treat once you get them up on some gorgeous wooden snowboard rack. Picking your perfect setup is a highly personalized process. We devote tons of time and money to picking everything from the right length, waist, and camber profile to bindings that will match our snow shredding ways. Add stunning graphics and we have a piece of highly personalized gear designed just for you. Your brain knows that and your brain also attaches all of your favorite mountain memories to the gear that lets you rip. We create gorgeous snowboard hangers that show off your favorite gear and act as a safe, stylish picture frame for your favorite gear..
- Now that we’ve reminded you that you love your gear, it’s time to protect it. From keeping snowboard edges sharp to avoiding harmful falls and dings, our products are designed to space and angle your gear so it has its own safe, protected spot. Our dense padding adds a nice soft pillow for your boards to rest until their next opportunity to shine. We also design our racks to give riders easy access to each piece of gear, even helmets, snowboard bags, and jackets.
Snowboard storage is not one-size-fits-all. Picking the right snowboard mounts depends on a few things.
- The shape and size of your snowboards. If you have low ceilings and long boards, vertical snowboard storage might not be for you. Similarly, if your wall is short, you may need to rethink a horizontal snowboard wall hanger.
- Where there is space for a rack. It can be difficult to find a good spot for your snowboards. Entryways can be ideal, but often cluttered with benches, hooks, and so many shoes. Thus is the importance of good snowboard organization. A garage snowboard rack is great if you have space. This ensures that your gear doesn’t have to travel through the house. However, it can also expose your gear to harsher conditions than a nice indoor spot. An indoor snowboard rack is our personal preference. While outdoor gear is obviously designed to be outdoor, it will last longer if kept in a nice, warm, dry area.. And our racks will appreciate that, too. The real trick is finding a spot that works with your home. Whether it’s outside or inside, where do you have space and what does the journey look like to get your gear to that spot?
- Amount of space in and around the storage area. Sometimes overlooked is the journey your winter gear will take to its off-slope resting place. While you might have the perfect space to store your snowboards, it may not be an option if it’s difficult to access. This is an important consideration but, fortunately, not always a major factor for many customers who are blessed with the gift of space.
- Type of home and walls. The type of home and space you have for your gear is a big factor and can determine what rack is best for you. The shape of your walls can determine whether you choose between horizontal snowboard storage or vertical snowboard storage. The space you can allot in front of a snowboard rack may also determine whether you go with a traditional vertical snowboard rack or something that a flush snowboard wall rack like our Nubbins.
What to know about Snowboard Racks. Advantages and Disadvantages of each.
Horizontal Snowboard Racks vs. Vertical Snowboard Racks:
Horizontal vs. Vertical Snowboard Storage is the age old question that often comes down to available space rather than personal preference. It ends up being pretty simple.
Vertical Snowboard RacksThe great thing about snowboards is that they’re typically shorter than your walls, making them a great candidate for hanging vertically. This can make great use of the height of your wall without taking up too much horizontal width while also giving you easy access to each snowboard.
Horizontal Snowboard Wall RacksSometimes a vertical snowboard rack isn’t an option and horizontal is the way to go. Horizontal snowboard racks are great because they use the natural width of a home’s walls. This can be advantageous if you want extra space for shoes, benches, etc. under your rack or want to take advantage of our utility hooks for other gear. A horizontal snowboard mount can also be much easier on the camber profile of snowboards..
Now that you’ve made it through Snowboard Storage Rack 101, let us give you a few snowboard rack ideas for your home.
Moloka’i Series - Horizontal Snowboard Wall Mount
The Moloka’i Series is the world’s most premium horizontal snowboard display. Handcrafted from stylish, beautiful, strong bamboo, we designed, angled, and spaced our Moloka'i cradles for the best combination of snowboard display, storage, and space efficiency. We kept the arms short and angled perfectly to avoid snowboards and gear sticking out too far into the room. Perfect for all snowboards from skinny resort snowboards to fat backcountry powder snowboards. The same angles and spacing that makes this series great for snowboards is also perfect for similarly sized gear like waterskis, Onewheels, hoverboards, and more! We’ve essentially made the perfect snowboard wall hanger and we’re pretty excited about it.
Nubbins - Flush Snowboard Wall Hangers
If you’ve ever been left scratching your head about how to hang a snowboard, here’s your solution. Our smallest and most minimal snowboard rack are our Nubbins. What started as part of our Zero Waste Initiative quickly became a crowd favorite. Our Nubbins are incredibly unobtrusive, install in minutes and offer an outstanding way to display your snowboards. We originally just made these for skis and snowboards but quickly realized that they are great for everything that hangs like bags, jackets, poles, helmets, and more!
There you have it. If you still don’t know which rack is for you or have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out, we’re always happy to help. If you stumbled upon our Snowboard Rack page but are in search of something different like surfboard racks, paddleboard racks, kayak racks, wakeboard racks, skateboard racks, bike racks, or more, please peruse our site. We offer a full line to fit almost all outdoor gear!
Freestanding Snowboard Rack
Our Vert Free Multi Rack is a personal and customer favorite. No wall mounting here, you’ll have all the freedom you could ever desire with an outrageously strong ¾” thick frame and base. The base offers a slight back lean to guide snowboards back into the upper cradle slots. Upper cradles are spaced to accommodate up to 3.4” thick boards with thick arms to keep gear separated so there are no interfering bindings or other obstructions. This is also our most versatile rack, easily holding gear of all shapes in sizes from surfboards, wakeboards, skimboards, and even guitars.